Course: Pool Lifeguard (NPLQ)
Being a lifeguard offers a fantastic foundation to a career in the leisure industry. Many senior managers began their rise to leisure stardom by lifeguarding at their local pools
The NPLQ course duration is 36 hours with an optional bolt on element of Automated External Defibrilation which is 1.5 hours.
The qualification is internationally recognised and is incorporated on the Qualifications Framework at Level 2.
Every candidate, prior to commencement of training for the NPLQ must:
- Be 16 years of age at the time of taking the NPLQ assessment;
- Be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:-
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water.
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits.
Awarding Body: IQL UK Ltd